Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CMS Etiquette
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Content EditorsMessage format

Matt
Posted 2004-10-11 9:03 PM (#3983)
Subject: CMS Etiquette

Veteran

The new content system allows anyone to make a change to any part of the "informational" section of the website. As a content author, you can create new pages, edit existing pages, and in the future I'll make it so you can upload files and images! This is a somewhat new method of collaboration, and one that works very well when you have lots of people willing to contribute information, but maybe not a single person with enough time to aggregate and copy everything. You might have heard it elsewhere called a CMS or a WIKI.

Since I know a lot of people might be unfamiliar with working in this nature, I think maybe its a good idea if I quickly go over some etiquette.

Basically, it's simple. Anything goes! Since people are not "assigned" specific areas to work on, everyone has access to change everyone else's work. The trick is to wear steel-toed boots and don't worry about stepping on anyone else's toes.

With these sorts of systems, you can write as little or as much as you feel like. Some people will be happy to write entire pages and let others do the proofing, while other people will be happier cleaning and tidying up information. Whatever you feel like might be a good piece of information to add, feel welcome to add it!

Also, it's common practice that if you spot an error, or if you feel that a particular section is poorly worded, you can feel welcome to simply correct or even throw away parts of the text without feeling guilty about it. The system keeps a record of all changes, so even if you delete something you decide later that it was a mistake-- the old revisions are totally recorded for just that purpose.

Ahh, so pretty much other than the rule "There is no rules", just have fun with it! Also, I kind of wrote this in a hurry, so please report any bugs or questions on operation. As I add more and more features to the system I'll let everyone know here!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jennie-BriannasMom
Posted 2005-01-05 1:05 AM (#5726 - in reply to #3983)
Subject: RE: CMS Etiquette

Elite Veteran

Matt, does this give me the ability to delete rude attacking posts????
Matt
Posted 2005-01-05 5:14 PM (#5742 - in reply to #5726)
Subject: RE: CMS Etiquette

Veteran

;-)

No CMS authors only have permission to edit the articles pages..

But I don't think anyone has edited anything. Oh well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software