Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Permobil Koala Pediatric Wheelchair
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Richard
Posted 2012-12-26 2:35 PM (#41641)
Subject: Permobil Koala Pediatric Wheelchair

My son Jacob was part of the VEPTR program in San Antonio and had two surgeries to place titanium ribs. Everything was going fine with the titanium ribs and in fact Jacob was off the ventilator for about half the day. Jacob's other major medical issue was kidney cancer. On February 28, 2011 Jacob lost his battle with kidney cancer. My wife and I want to donate his wheelchair, but it would appear that in the San Francisco bay area no one is going without. The wheelchair was used for only for a few hours indoors and is in new condition. The insurance company paid about $28K for the wheelchair and it now sits in the corner of our dining room. Our hope is to find a child (first choice) or an organization (second choice) that could use the wheelchair. The wheelchair has many features including a power seat and stand to carry a ventilator. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
usameza
Posted 2013-01-03 7:55 PM (#41644 - in reply to #41641)
Subject: Re: Permobil Koala Pediatric Wheelchair

So sorry to hear about your son. It seems that more people are using the Facebook page now. You may be able to reach someone there.

Mary
Nicki, Alex's Mom
Posted 2013-02-04 10:50 PM (#41648 - in reply to #41641)
Subject: RE: Permobil Koala Pediatric Wheelchair

Elite Veteran

I too am very sorry to hear about the loss of your son.

It it very generous of you to be giving away his wheelchair. I tried for 2 years to get a Permobil for my son, but was never able to get the funding to do so, despite having two different insurances, and reaching out to a few different agencies for help!

I'm sorry I don't know of anyone in your area, but I'm sure that there is someone who would be very grateful for your donation.
MommieJenna
Posted 2013-06-03 2:49 PM (#41755 - in reply to #41641)

New User

Richard,

We are up in the Sierra foothills and our little guy desperately needs a power chair. This message is so old, I am sure you have found a new home for Jacob's wheelchair. However, just in case I thought I would post. Our HMO has been giving us so much grief and hassle and I am so tired fighting for what our son needs.

Thanks,
Jenna
Richard
Posted 2013-11-27 5:16 PM (#42317 - in reply to #41641)

Jenna,

The wheelchair is still available. If interested, please contact me through the information in my profile.

Thanks,
Richard
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software