Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2012 Congenital Scoliosis calendar...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Connie, Billy's mom
Posted 2011-11-20 10:36 AM (#41428)
Subject: 2012 Congenital Scoliosis calendar...

Extreme Veteran

Hi everyone, I haven't been on this board in ages, since we decided to go with a straight spinal fusion surgery instead of VEPTR for my son, but I know some of you from the VACTERL and Congenital Scoliosis forums...  We have an annual calendar we do for VACTERL and another one for Caudal Regression Syndrome (which my son also has) and this year I wanted to try and do one for kids with congenital scoliosis also. 

The calendars are wall poster type, with pictures of the faces of the children and all the months listed down below (I will attach a picture of one) and they help remind the children that they are NOT alone as they deal with their issues.  The calendars are very inexpensive (less than $5) and you can glue magnets to the back to hang on the refrigerator.

Is anyone interested in participating?  I have 13 pictures so far, but I need at least 20 to make a nice calendar (and can do up to 36 pictures total).

You can email me pictures at [email protected], or tag me in a FB photo and I can download it from there

Connie
Mom to Sara 20, Nick 13 (GI issues, megacolon), and Billy 11
(CRS/VACTERLS incl. tethered spinal cord (repaired 9/00, 8/06) perineal fistula imperforate anus (repaired 5/00, managed with daily Exlax), single kidney (being treated with ACE inhibitor Enalapril to protect it), PDA (closed on its own), malformed pelvis and hemisacrum, long segment lumbosacral levoscoliosis with hemivertebrae (spinal fusion T11-sacrum 8/06), extra left rib, genital anomalies with hypospadius (repairs 4/00, 9/00,11/00, 5/01,12/01,12/03), hypoplastic left leg with clubfoot (repaired 5/01, 7/11) tibial torsion and 5.5cm length discrepancy - wears AFO and shoelift, SUA, GI reflux, DGE/gastroparesis  (managed with periactin), mild swallowing dysphagia, and the most beautiful smile ever)
[email protected] 

Our website - Billy's VACTERL journey:
http://members.tripod.com/conni60640-ivil/

(VNcal.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments VNcal.jpg (22KB - 774 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Connie, Billy's mom
Posted 2011-12-03 5:09 PM (#41446 - in reply to #41428)
Subject: RE: 2012 Congenital Scoliosis calendar...

Extreme Veteran

Okay, I finished my other calendars, so now it's time to "beg" for pics for the Congenital Scoliosis calendar :)  I just know some of you would like to see your child on there!
Nicki, Alex's Mom
Posted 2012-01-05 7:57 PM (#41483 - in reply to #41446)
Subject: RE: 2012 Congenital Scoliosis calendar...

Elite Veteran

Sorry Connie, but Alex has neuromuscular scoliosis, not congenital...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software