Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ciaran is having surgery
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Prayer RequestsMessage format

Nadine&Ciaran
Posted 2009-03-21 9:26 AM (#36858)
Subject: Ciaran is having surgery

Hi Everyone,

We were at Shriner's on Thursday to meet with Dr. VanBosse and Dr. Kozin to go over the surgery for Ciaran's hand and leg scheduled on April 21st. The appointment itself was a little overwhelming. Ciaran is having an external fixator put on his right leg.

Ciaran first went to Shriner's in June of 2006. There have been a lot of issues with traching him or not so it has been a long road in order to have his first surgery with shriners (he's had evantration of the diaphragm and vertical talus done at Schneiders in NY) He also catches colds very easy so its hard to schedule him.

Anyway, long story short We were on our way home when the doctor called and both surgeons had a cancellation for Tuesday. The spot was ours if we wanted it. So we head to Shriners on Monday for lab work and surgery is Tuesday at 8 am

At lunch the other day at the hospital I said to Ciaran wow that was alot of information. We have a long road ahead of us and his reply was "yeah, but I really don't care" and I said really why and his answer was "because I know God is going to take care of me"

Now I'm just praying that God and Ciaran have the same plan. And I hope that I can be strong for him.

Thank you everyone for all your support and prayers. I'll probably be posting like crazy next week as I will be on my own and looking for outlets to vent and cry.

Talk to you all soon
Nadine

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Collin's Mom
Posted 2009-03-21 10:41 AM (#36859 - in reply to #36858)
Subject: Re: Ciaran is having surgery

Regular

I'll be thinking of you both on Tuesday and look forward to your posts.

Take care and Hugs!!
Sarah
Nadine&Ciaran
Posted 2009-03-21 3:18 PM (#36860 - in reply to #36858)

Hi Sarah,

Thanks so much! Dr. VanBosse encouraged me to join the amc support group and I did. I posted in the Escobar Thread regarding Ciaran's condidtion. I was happy to find a familiar face when I came across your post about Collin having his fixator taken off. It was so helpful. I will be in touch. Thanks so much

Nadine
Zoes Nana
Posted 2009-03-22 12:47 PM (#36868 - in reply to #36858)

Expert

NADINE,
HOW PRECIOUS, FOR A CHILD TO KNOW THE INDEED "GOD IS GOING TO TAKE CARE OF ME"...
PLEASE KNOW THAT OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS WILL BE WITH YOU...
TRAVEL SAFE...AND GOD BLESS...
KEEP US POSTED...
anbthomas
Posted 2009-03-23 11:57 PM (#36889 - in reply to #36858)
Subject: RE: Ciaran is having surgery

Extreme Veteran

Ciaran is in my thoughts and prayers.

Take Care,
Anne
Diane17
Posted 2009-03-25 8:01 AM (#36911 - in reply to #36858)

Elite Veteran

Hope all is going well.
Carmell
Posted 2009-03-25 10:54 AM (#36914 - in reply to #36858)

Expert

Nadine,

Hope all is going well with Ciaran and the fixator.  Thinking of you guys.

maria
Posted 2009-03-26 8:59 AM (#36925 - in reply to #36858)

Hi Nadine,

Been thinking of you and Ciaran - and hopng to hear some good news soon. He's in great hands.
Nadine&Ciaran
Posted 2009-04-04 9:51 PM (#37040 - in reply to #36858)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. Surgery itself went well. However, Ciaran had a little difficulty coming off the vent. He was on it overnight and his blood pressure was high and fluid started to come up through the vent. We had EKG's and blood work and x-rays going on at 3 in the morning. In my heart I knew it was just Ciaran stuff but he kept the doctors on their toes. Another night his oxygen level kept dipping and then would come back again. Then another evening his oxygen number was good but you could see he was working so hard to breath so again we had x-rays going and doctors baffeled. At the end of the day they figured out a problem that Ciaran has been having for years. He has sleep apnea. So after a week in ICU he came home with a Bi-pap. I see such a difference in his lungs already. My husband let him go one night without it and just from one night Ciaran woke up all junky. It's amazing. The doctors at first said to me if this had been the Veptr surgery he would have been in trouble but now they know Ciaran and we figured out the sleep apnea so they feel we can get through the surgeries without traching (sp?) him. The fixator is very overwhelming and he is in a lot of pain but he really is focused on the end result. He is definetly wise beyond his years. The had surgeon tells me I'm going to cry when the cast comes off his left hand which is next Thursday. The thumb and forefinger are completely straight. I can't wait. Of course all the doctors and nurses at Shriner's were wonderful and so supportive. They really are like family. Anyway, once again I'm babbling on and on. Just wanted to say Thank you for all your prayers and support.
Thank you!
Nadine
maria
Posted 2009-04-05 9:12 PM (#37044 - in reply to #36858)

Hi Nadine,

I've been thinking of you guys a lot. I'm so glad the surgery went well and that they figured out that Ciaran has sleep apnea. Once they know what the problem is, they can treat it - and it sounds like it is already making a difference.

That Ciaran is some little trooper! I hope his pain can somehow be controlled. He really is a brave little guy - and my thoughts and prayers will be with him for a great result (I have no doubt about that!) - and what great news about his hand. (Is that Dr. Kozin who does the hand surgeries? I sometimes get the different docs there and their specialties confused - but I agree with you they are all awesome!)

Best of luck to you and Ciaran!
Zoes Nana
Posted 2009-04-05 9:15 PM (#37045 - in reply to #36858)

Expert

NADINE,
HAPPY TO HEAR THINGS ARE NOW GOING WELL...
I KNOW THIS MUST HAVE BEEN A HARD TIME ON YOU...BUT IT IS GREAT THAT THEY HAVE FOUND "THE WEAKNESS", AND THEY ARE PRE-PARED FOR THE NEXT STEPS...
WE WILL CONTINUE OUR PRAYERS FOR CIARAN...
KEEP US POSTED...
GOD BLESS...
anbthomas
Posted 2009-04-06 11:45 AM (#37056 - in reply to #36858)

Extreme Veteran

Thinking of Ciaran and hoping that with he's feeling better each day.

Anne
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software