Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dr. Lubicky at Riley Hopsital in Indianapolis, IN
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   VEPTR Sites/Hospitals -> United statesMessage format

Marlee's Mommy
Posted 2007-02-24 11:01 PM (#25201)
Subject: Dr. Lubicky at Riley Hopsital in Indianapolis, IN

Veteran

I am new to this and I am trying to find out any information about Dr. Lubicky at Riley Hospital. If anyone knows him or anything about this experience with the VEPTR surgery, I would love to know anything. My daughter Marlee is only 2-months old, so we still have a while until she will be able to have the surgery, but I am wanting to make sure that Dr. Lubicky is the one that I want to do this surgery on her. We are at Riley right now, so I am just trying to make sure that I do not need to take her somewhere else to have the VEPTR surgery.
-Rachel
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jennie-BriannasMom
Posted 2007-02-24 11:57 PM (#25203 - in reply to #25201)
Subject: Re: Dr. Lubicky at Riley Hopsital in Indianapolis, IN

Elite Veteran

Hi, and welcome!
Its benn a REALLY long time since I hear the name " Riley Hospital" . Brianna was a Riley baby, and a Riley kid until we moved here to san antonio almost 4 yrs ago.
Im sorry-I have never heard of this doctor. The last time Brianna saw orhto at Riley there was Dr Didelow,Dr Kayes( her buddy) and the head prof of ortho whose name I cannot recall.
I know a family that goes to Riley, whose daughter, Jessica, comes here too. I know she still has orhto at Riley.
I can give her mom your info, if you'd like, and maybe the two of you can talk?
Tina
Posted 2007-02-25 1:41 AM (#25207 - in reply to #25201)
Subject: RE: Dr. Lubicky at Riley Hopsital in Indianapolis, IN

Veteran

Hello and welcome Rachel, Dr. Lubicky use to be the chief of staff at Shinners in Chicago for a long time. There are two other people that I know of that have went to him, one family does not post on here and the other does once in awhile. I will see if I can get in touch with them, maybe they will speak with you. Many blessings to you and your family, Tina
Marlee's Mommy
Posted 2007-03-06 10:07 PM (#25370 - in reply to #25201)

Veteran

Anyone who knows of Dr. Lubicky, I would love to hear what they have to say about him.
Hannah's Mom
Posted 2007-03-08 12:23 PM (#25407 - in reply to #25201)

Expert

Welcome to the site and I hope you are able to find the info you need.
kennedy
Posted 2007-03-08 12:27 PM (#25408 - in reply to #25201)

Yes, Dr. Lubicky used to be at Shriner's in Chicago. The staff there loved him and said that the families were sad to see him go. The nurse I talked to said that he was one of the best in his field and they were sorry to see him go. Hope that helps.
Marlee's Mommy
Posted 2007-03-11 10:19 PM (#25454 - in reply to #25203)

Veteran

Jennie,
Thank you for responding to my post. I would love for you to give Jessica's mom my info. It would help out a lot to have anyone to talk to about this.
Thank you, Rachel
ratso
Posted 2008-09-05 12:02 PM (#34422 - in reply to #25201)

New User

i am currently an RN at the Chicago Shriner's hospital, and can tell you that Dr. Lubicky is a world renowned surgeon, and brilliant. You would be hard pressed to find anyone better. I would also like families to know that our hospital (Chicago Shriners) also performs the procedure (VEPTR). all services/operations here at the hospital (like at all shriners hospitals) are free of charge to any child under 18 - no catches, no strings.
nat.martello
Posted 2009-08-03 9:15 PM (#37921 - in reply to #25201)
Subject: RE: Dr. Lubicky at Riley Hopsital in Indianapolis, IN

New User

Marlee's Mom,

I was doing a Google search to find Dr. Lubicky's number and I found your post. I'm not sure what your decision was; but if you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

My son was seen by Dr. Lubicky shortly after birth for a hip deformity. He has had many procedures with him including three major surgeries. He originally saw Dr. Lubicky at Shriner's Hospital in Chicago. When Dr. Lubicky left Shriner's, my husband and I decided to follow him wherever he should go. We could have stayed at Shriner's and have absolutely no out-of-pocket costs - (we have four kids total - so this option was appealing) but we remained with Dr. Lubicky and are EXTREMELY pleased with our decision.

My son's last surgery was August 2008 at Riley Hospital. We live in Plainfield, IL and we have traveled over 3 hours each way to see Dr. Lubicky for the past few years. He is an expert in his field and regarded as such by his peers. He is a bit blunt - he tells it like it is - if you have met him I'm sure that you'll agree. We follow up with him yearly now - and would not dream of seeing anyone else. He has personally answered every single email that I have sent him. Sometimes the answers were not what I wanted to hear - but he has always been completely honest and available.

I hope that this information helps and that Marlee is doing well.
Marlee's Mommy
Posted 2009-10-20 6:44 PM (#38275 - in reply to #25201)

Veteran

I have met with Dr. Lubicky several times. The last time was about switching VEPTR sites to Riley Hospital which is close to home. He was very rude to me, which helped me decide to stay with going to Texas for surgery. I was delighted with my decision when I received a letter in the mail a couple weeks ago stating that Dr. Lubicky is leaving Riley and moving out of state. I am glad that I stuck with my gut feeling about this.
sportymom89
Posted 2011-01-27 6:04 PM (#40612 - in reply to #34422)

New User

i was wondering if you remember nikkii richter he was Dr. lubicky since he was 1 yrs old 1988 he is 23 now

Brenda Richter
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software