Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MalRoation of the Bowel
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Development and CareMessage format

lara
Posted 2006-09-05 12:52 PM (#22660)
Subject: MalRoation of the Bowel

New User

Hello there, My name is Lara and im 22, last september i had a major operation, malrotaion of the bowel.... i was born with this problen but had no symptoms till i was 18 when i felt sick all the time when I ate, had real bad acid reflux. Every time I went to see the doctor they said it was all in my mind, and that i was depressed...but the thing is I wasnt I was just feeling so sick all the time.

Last September I had real bad stomach pains and got rushed into hospital, i had a really bloated stomach and was being sick(green bile)
So when they operated they found that I had Mal rotaion of the bowel which is quite rare to not have been seen earlier in my life.

One year on, i am alot better, i still get a few odd pains and some acid reflux, but can eat better than before. I have been feeling very dizzy within the last 2months, i had my iron levels checked and my iron is on the low side.

If any one would like to talk to me about this problem i would be happy to hear from you.

Many thanks,
Lara
xxx
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ehead
Posted 2006-09-05 2:46 PM (#22663 - in reply to #22660)
Subject: RE: MalRoation of the Bowel

Extreme Veteran

Thank you for sharing this info. Always good to learn new things.
Elizabeth
Zoes Nana
Posted 2006-09-05 11:16 PM (#22674 - in reply to #22660)
Subject: Re: MalRoation of the Bowel

Expert

HI LARA,
WELCOME TO THE VEPTR SITE...
ZOE WAS ALSO BORN WITH MAL-ROTATION OF THE INTESTINES...ANOTHER SYSTEM ANOMOLIE THAT WAS ADDED TO HER VATERS SYNDROME LIST...
HERS WAS FOUND SHORTLY AFTER HER VEPTR IMPLANTS UP IN BOSTON, WHEN SHE WAS JUST 2 1/2 YEARS OLD...
THANK GOD, ONE OF THE THINGS THAT THE SURGEONS WARNED US AFTER ZOE'S LADDS PROCEDURE, WAS THAT THE
SURGERY HAD A 5 % CHANCE OF FAILURE...UNFORTUNATLEY IT DID FAIL, AND ZOE HAD A COMPLETE OBSTRUCTION OF THE
BOWELL 6 WEEKS LATTER...ALSO BE WARNED, THE ONE AND ONLY WAY OF PROVING AN OBSTRUCTION
SUCH AS ZOE HAD, IS TO HAVE A UPPER GI WITH BARIUM...OUR LOCAL HOSPITAL WAS CONVINCED ZOE HAD CONSTIPATION, AND ONLY ON MY INSISTENCE DID THEY DO THE UPPER GI THAT PROVED THEM WRONG...THAT MISTAKE ALMOST TOOK ZOE'S LIFE...
ZOE ALSO NOW STANDS A GREATER RISK OF HAVING ANOTHER "MECHANICAL" OBSTRUCTION BECAUSE OF THE PREVIOUS GUT SURGERIES...
ZOE HAS BATTLED GASTRIC REFLUX THOUGH SINCE HER BIRTH, AND SINCE THE SURGERIES...
WE HAVE TRIED MANY MEDICATION, BUT THE ONE THAT IS NOW WORKING THE BEST FOR HER IS PRE-VACID...ZOE ALSO HAS A HISTORY OF ULCERS, E-COLI-FROM THE GUT SURGERIES ALSO THAT NEEDED TO BE ADDRESS...E-COLI IS NOT UNCOMMON AFTER GUT SURGERIES, AND IF YOU CONTINUE TO HAVE PROBLEMS I WOULD TALK WITH A SPEC. IN GASTRO...
ZOE STILL LIVES MOSTLY ON PEDISURE...SHE TAKES VERY LITTLE FOOD, AND SEEMS TO PREFER THE LIQUID...
SHE IS NOW EIGHT, AND NOW SHOWING A HEALTHY WEIGHT, BUT FOR YEARS SUFFERED WITH FAILURE TO THRIVE, AND WAS ALSO ONE STEP AWAY FROM A FEEDING TUBE...
THE ANGELS CERTAINLY WERE ON YOUR SIDE THRU OUT YOUR LIFE...MAL-ROTATION CAN TAKE A LIFE VERY QUICKLY...AND WE ALSO FEEL VERY BLESSED THAT ZOES WAS FOUND IN TIME...
I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING MORE FROM YOU...
GOD BLESS...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software