Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MRI SCAN RESULTS
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Development and CareMessage format

suzanne
Posted 2005-11-05 2:21 PM (#15749)
Subject: MRI SCAN RESULTS

Regular

Hi everyone we have had Samuels mri scan results for a while now but not discussed them with his consultant yet but the date is dawning it's next thursday.
Well, i was wondering what everyone thinks of the results i got and what if any questions you would ask.
I'm a bit behind in my research due to the fact we have spent so many hours attending appointments it's hard to find time to study but i do have some questions in my mind.HERE goes with what the mri showed.
CERVICAL AND THORACIC SPINE: there is upper thoracic scoliosis convex to the left, apparently due to a left sided hemivertebra which is fused to the left side of the boady of t3 inferiorly. Butterfly vertebra are shown at T1, T2 and T4. There is some posterior fusion of the ribs at these levelsand there is anterior fusion of the right 1st and 2nd ribs. In the cervical region 7 vertebra appear to be present. The C5 and 6 vertebra are butterfly vertebra> partial fusion of the posterior elements of C3 and 4 is noted and also of C6 and 7. The scapular and clavicals appear normal. Conclusion Multiple congenital anomalies of the cervical and upper thoracic spine and ribs with scoliosis caused by a left sided hemivertebra fused to the body of T3 and 2.
Any help with questions or anything anyone can tell me about the report would be most appreciated.
Thanks Suzanne
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Maggie's Mom
Posted 2005-11-05 3:45 PM (#15752 - in reply to #15749)
Subject: Re: MRI SCAN RESULTS

Elite Veteran

Suzanne-
Samuel MRI sounds similar to Maggie's. Dr. Emans told us it caused Thoracic Insufficiency Syndrome which means that as Maggie grows she would not be able to breathe because of compromised lung size due to the chest and spine abnormalities. VEPTR is the best option for us because it would hold or correct her curvature caused by her butterfly vertabra/hemivertabra and fused ribs and open up her rib cage so her lungs can grow. I had a lot of questions too since our ortho MD up in Vermont never mentioned that her lungs or the fused ribs connection. What questions do you have about the report?
Susanne
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software